My old record player ...







My son managed to fix my record player after 8 years of it sitting in a cupboard (what a genius he is) ... It was great setting it up again and listening to some of my old records while looking at the images and illustrations on the covers ... my name scribbled over the sleeves with my schoolgirl penmanship ... I spent hours/weeks/years in my bedroom playing music, and still feel the need to listen to new and old music everyday. 
This weekend I went to Cambridge and found an old record store ... I purchased some albums that I had  misplaced over the years ... forgotton and left with boyfriends or lent to school-friends.

You really can't beat that sound of sizzling bacon in the background of a jazz album ... And as hard as I have tried to explain the romantic nostalgia of this, My children just don't get it.