While out walking today I came across an old carpet shop ... It reminded me of Aladdin's cave, ... not only did it have the most intricate handwoven carpets but also antique head-dressings and period pieces of jewelry falling out onto the wide pavement ... the store owner saw my interest and invited me into his shop ... I explained immediately that I had no money and wasn't in the market to purchase a carpet but still he insisted I enter his shop so he could enlighten me on the history of the wares in his emporium ... we sat and drank apple tea and talked and talked and talked (well he did, but I listened with great interest) ... I pointed out a simple blue beaded neckless with off white carved bones that lay on a sala table and asked its origin ... he explained it was handmade, "possibly 60/75 years before" and insisted I take it ... as a gift ...

Sometimes we do get something for nothing ... How very charming it was too.