http://comeseemyetchings.blogspot.com/




http://comeseemyetchings.blogspot.com/

I have had 3 buyers tonight from my Blog Page 'come up and see my Etchings'
It's such an incredible feeling selling a print that you have employed such care and effort in creating...
From an idea within my head ... Transformed onto a Zinc/Steel plate and then dipped into acid ... During any one procedure the plate can be ruined... still more tampering and tweaking with possible techniques such as sugar lift or aqua tint... until the plate can finally be inked up...However even then there is no way of finding out if your visualization will materalize onto the damp paper that is carefully placed upon the engraving on the printing press ... The feeling of excitement I feel when winding those huge iron wheels round, pushing the heavy cylinders over my print ... and then throwing the blankets over the rollers with a quick flick of the wrist (I first saw my tutor Randal do this and thought it looked so cool..) to reveal the hand made paper's indentation around my etching ... Only then will I observe whether my idea has finally come to be.