The elusive red lipstick ...

For possibly two years now I have been looking for a red lipstick ... Only women understand this search, this hunt with a perpetual empty ended purchase. In the store it looked an unmitigated match to ones skin tones under those outrageously fraudulent lights... then once outside in natural light the full horror of what can only be described as the impression of an unseasoned transvestite at work... I have experienced this far too may times... Im aware of the rules... eyes or lips just like legs or cleavage and have done since I was a young girl... it's the tone and hues within the red thats crucial... Red is never just red.
Even expensive brands reduced me to looking like a $10 whore... My incredibly glamorous cousin that works in Harrods as adviser recommended Chanel Rouge Allure 14 Passion... £25 lighter and still I couldn't pass for sophisticated chic. Friday night I was out with my friend she is a London Make-up artist... she was wearing a vintage dress and looked stunning with her bold red lips to accompany the look... This inspired me to resume my search...
While daydreaming around Tesco's (yes I said Tesco's) with my little cherubs yesterday morning I came upon Tesco's own make up brand... The first item my eyes fell upon was a lipstick called 'DIVA'... corny name I admit but with the feeling of serendipity in my bones I scrapped off some from the bottom of the stick and applyed... I believe I heard angels sing... £3.50p ...